If you are looking for a roofing contractor there are things to look out for and questions to ask that can help you make a good decision.
Any work to your property that involves significant outlay, time, and inconvenience should be a good investment – and for that you need to be sure you have the right team on board. Not all roofing contractors are reliable or will afford your job the care and attention it requires, but it can be hard to know for sure if you’ve found a reputable company before work begins. Thankfully with a bit of common-sense analysis there are some pointers that can act as a guide and help you make a more informed decision.
Our Top Tips are:
- Make sure all work is guaranteed. Any good roofing contractor will have the confidence of an insurance backer and confidence in their own work, and will therefore be offering a service that is guaranteed.
- Check who will be carrying out the work and only consider companies who use their own employees – this ensures accountability and quality control, as no firm can guarantee the workmanship of third party contractors.
- Always ensure the firm carries public liability insurance, and a handy tip is to look out for £10m plus insurance as this is a sign the company is approved for work on schools and/or council properties.
- The roofing contractor should be VAT registered.
- If a contractor does not guarantee their work ask why – and if you have any doubts about their credibility, move on before any work begins.
Remember that making a poorly informed decision could lead to costly and avoidable repairs, so make sure you’re clued up before you begin.
Look for an established firm that meets the points above, and who in addition can provide references, recommendations, and full transparency. Get in touch with us at Superseal if you want to start your search with a roofing contractor that ticks all these boxes and more.